Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Weirdest Post You'll Read Today--Suicide and "Spots on Ceiling"

Although we have been assured by a municipal detective that the
seller's son, a suicide, did not take his life in this property, and
that the manner of death did not involve a firearm or knife, I'm
puzzled by the *amount* of maroon-colored dots on the ceiling. Having
lived in another nearby municipality, I am familiar with maroon-colored
"dots" appearing out of nowhere on clean, repainted rooms. I observed
it all the time in a home I lived in and maintained scupulously.

Both the re-painted ceilings and the maroon dots make me
think there's an ongoing water-problem with the roof.

I wouldn't buy the house unless I could get it cheaply
enough that I could completely tear off the roof and
re-build it, and still come out ahead. (of course,
if you go that route, you can probably get a little
extra space out of the deal, by putting on a higher roof.

If the location is good, it might be worth buying
just for the lot, but the house itself doesn't sound
like much of an improvement.