Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Centering router on table base

Oleg Lego wrote:
The dadiOH entity posted thusly:

Oleg Lego wrote:
I am having a little trouble centering my router on a table insert.

I am considering messing with one or two of the holes I drilled,
perhaps enlarging the appropriate holes to try to swing the centre
into alignment, or perhaps drilling another set of holes after
rotating the router a bit.

Either is satisfactory. Main thing is to get the router fastened to
the table insert...router need not be dead center on it.

Hmmm... I was thinking that it did need to be dead centre, because the
guide bushing (which gets mounted on the table insert) would have a
variable distance from the bit depending on where the cut is being
guided around the circle.

All true. I put my inserts on the router.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...