Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 00:10:14 -0600, "todd" wrote:

I was responding to an earlier comment that no one should ever charge
"handling" fees of any kind. Obviously, eBayers participating in final
value fee avoidance by charging very high shipping costs should be killed.
I'm talking about adding a few bucks to the actual shipping cost as a
handling charge. What difference does it make if it's included in the price
of the product or not? Either way, the buyer pays. Anyone who thinks the
buyer doesn't pay is kidding himself. As long as it isn't excessive, I
don't see a problem.

The handling fee should be part of the purchase price. You don't go
to a store and get charged a handling fee, do you? After all, they
have to pay someone to put the product on the shelf, don't they? They
have to pay someone to ring up your purchase and put it in the bag?
Should they charge you a packaging fee too?