Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Mag LED Flashlights

Mike Young wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Going back to topic, if you go to the Circuit City web site and search on
"nexxtech" (note--that's two "x"es) you'll find a wide array of Chinese
made ... Seems to actually be
a real company too.

I'll ask a friend later, but I think nic-tac means "cheap crap" in
Mandarin Chinese. It might be just generic labelling on the shipping
container.

Yeah, it's all cheap and some of it is probably crap, but for 4 bucks how
bad can a laser pointer or LED flashlight be?

"Nexxtech" is the name that is on the packaging, is designed into the logo
and labels and it's a company brand owned by Orbyx Electronics, which seems
to have some kind of relation to Circuit City--not exactly a store brand
because they seem to be set up to sell products to other resellers--but
Circuit City seems to have cosigned the loan on which they got started.

Only thing I have in my possession from them is an ultrasonic cleaner (ever
try to find an ultrasonic cleaner in stock locally on a Sunday?) which I
expected to be crap, but it turned out that the fit and finish were quite
nice--better than my old one that cost about 5 times as much in fact--and
two years later it still cleans like a champ.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate