Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Be honest ..........

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:39:35 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Steve B" quickly quoth:

I just returned home after spending my Christmas Home Depot cards. I picked
up a Makita grinder. Usually, the first thing I do is remove the safety
shield. I find it tends to get in the way. However, on this grinder, I
notice that my fingers are pretty close sometimes. I have another, I just
like two so I don't spend time changing from grinder wheel to wire wheel. I
will get a third for sanding.

How many of you use the guards, or do you take them off and put them in a
drawer?

I use a belt sander or angle grinder, but whe nI was using rotary
grinders, the guards were always in place. You're referring to the
plastic windows above the wheels, oui?

When working on a buffing wheel, I use both mask and face shield.
(Metal/dust/abrasive grit tend to hurt under your eyelids.)

When using the sander, I usually have the DC on and a face shield,
goggles, or just my eyeglasses.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming