Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default New Lithium-ion Batteries?

Doctor Drivel wrote:

- with advanced stack scrubbers,

Scrubbers have nothing to do with efficiency - in fact, running them is
quite expensive energetically.

Electric cars are also brilliant and super quiet to drive. The only thing
that will prevent this charge towards 100% electric is the vested
interest of auto and oil giants (who want to go hydrogen and fuel cell
as well) and lack of political will - and ignorance too. Interesting
times ahead and the
back of filthy agricultural diesels we may see for good.

You misunderstand me. I'm actually quite pro electric vehicles, with the
following provisos:

1. That the energy used to charge them doesn't come from fossil fuels

2. That the battery technology is significantly better than what we have
today

We just aren't there yet. Electric cars simply don't make any sense
today. They may in 10-20 years time, or not. Depends.

--
Grunff