Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

Default Cheap taps?

"al" wrote in message
.uk...
"RedOnRed" wrote in message
I don't think cheap taps are worth it at all.

Our predecessors in our house went to all the trouble of refitting all of
the bathrooms etc, and then only to put the cheapest taps in on the face
of the earth. Which of course not only look crap but are a pain to use.

It's the one thing that you're using all the time and decent ones don't
cost that much more.

Screwfix do some taps with ceramic washers. I'd be curious to know how
effective they are?

I've a bad experience with a cheap mixer tap that a builder put in our
kitchen. But then there's more to go wrong with them. Were the
regrettable taps in question simple ones for you or mixers?

Mixer taps, they didn't fit anything that luxurious!

No, they just fitted contract type taps which are shown on David Lang's link
above for Toolstation.