Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default immersion thermostat still playing up

Andrew Gabriel was thinking very hard :
In article . com,
"Russ" writes:
Having just spent the weekend replacing the hot water cylinder,
immersion heater and thermostat - it was all working lovely last night
and this morning, but I've just come in from work to discover the
thermostat has tripped and I've had to reset it.

Why does this trip exactly? The thermostat is set to it's maximum
setting on the dial, so surely it's impossible to set the thermostat
too high?

Not sure if this is possible, but if you had a short heater and
a long stat in the top of the cylinder, I could imagine the stat
would never switch off.

The stat fits into a pocket built into the heater element matched to
the element size, so it would only be possible to fit a shorter stat.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)