Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default Cheap taps?

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"al" wrote in message
. uk...
Are cheap taps worth it? Want to replace faulty tap on bathroom basin,
but don't want to spend a load, as in a year or two's time I'll replace
the whole suite in there anyway.

I don't think cheap taps are worth it at all.

Our predecessors in our house went to all the trouble of refitting all of
the bathrooms etc, and then only to put the cheapest taps in on the face
of the earth. Which of course not only look crap but are a pain to use.

It's the one thing that you're using all the time and decent ones don't
cost that much more.

Screwfix do some taps with ceramic washers. I'd be curious to know how
effective they are?

Usually quarter-turn ceramic-lined taps are OK, so easy to use.

Just letting the OP and readers know that from Thurs 19th, LiDL are
specially selling 4 types of mixer tap priced from £8 to £10 less a penny,
as mentioned in their in-store bump I picked up today!
Advance Info is not on-line just yet.
www.lidl.co.uk
Jim