Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Suddenly in Hot Water!

Hello,

Can anyone think if a reason as to why the hot water coming from my hot
water tank has suddenly got very hot? Even though I have turned the
thermostat right down the water is scalding hot. In fact, adjusting
the thermostat does not seem to have any effect at the moment.

I've not done any plumbing jobs or done anything to the hot water tank
other than having to take the lid off the cold water cistern on the
weekend to replace a washer in the ball valve. In the process I did
have to disturb the expansion feed from the hot water cylinder that
feeds into the top of the cold water cistern. Could this be the cause
of the sudden increase in my hot water temperature?

If not, does anyone have any other suggestions as to why this might be
suddenly happeing and any suggestions as to how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

Marcus