Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

Default Sound proofing for floors?

"Matthew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

We are currently redecorating some of our bedrooms.
One of our bedrooms is used for my guitar practice.
All the walls are solid so they are fine however the floor
is a standard suspended floorboard type and sits immediately
above the kitchen. Is it possible to add an overlayer to the
floorboards to prevent noise from being transmitted downstairs
through the floor to the kitchen. I need something thats cost effective
and easy to fit. (I dont want to add anything inside the ceiling
floorboard void.)
Has anybody any possible solutions. I did think about
maybe sheets of hardboard or some kind of rubber DPM type thing....

Thanks,
Matthew

A cheap solution might be to use headphones if appropriate.?
Don