Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default Waiting for wood

dondone wrote:

Good for her! Woodworking is more fun than tool collecting.

My wishes it were true, but realizes I don't believe it. The one
with the most tools at the end, wins!

You could start a group rec.woodworking.tool-collecting. And I'd have
to disagree with you, tools are the means, not the end.

I had this boss years ago who would always say "It's better to do the
right thing wrong than the wrong thing right." I've found it to be one
of the most valuable little bits I've ever run into, and it has
adjusted my thinking on many many occasions.

Along those lines, it's better to focus on building with the tools you
have than to focus on building your tools.

Joe Barta