Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

Default Need a source for some wide curly maple

wrote in message
oups.com...

jtpr wrote:
... I would like to make it out of curly maple, the more figured,
the better. The main problem I seem to be running into is finding one
long continuous board to make the case out of. I figure I need either
a 8' x 15" x 3/4" board or an 8' x 8" x 4/4 board I could recut down
the middle and joint.

I suggest Sandy Pond Hardwood in Pennsylvania. They specialize
in figured wood for luthiers and can ship to you.

--

Another place to try is

http://www.westpennhardwoods.com/static/index.htm

Don't know for sure if they would have what you want, but they are only
about 50 mi. from me in Olean, NY, and every time I visit, they have to give
me a drool bib. Last time I was there, saw a table top in the rough, a 3" x
3' x 8' slab of curly bubinga, and they have a LOT of other beautiful wood.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.