Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Face frame attachment with biscuits

"Chuck Miller" wrote in message
.net...
I'm about to biscuit-attach a face frame for a bookcase, and it occurs
to me that if I don't get the rail lengths exactly right, the stile
slots won't mate with the carcase slots. I guess if they don't, I'll
have to adjust the position of the slots and re-biscuit-joint--not the
type of experimentation I am looking forward to. It just seems that
working with biscuits in two-dimensions is tricky business.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Biscuit slots are normally
marked across dry-fitted joints, and are precise in only one dimension,
distance from the reference surface. Lots of adjustment laterally.

I clamp the components in place, check the fit (proud on the edges I must
scribe or plane), mark, and remove to make the slots. It has to fit wet as
it did on dry assembly. Doesn't really have another choice.