Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

Default Cheap taps?

"al" wrote in message
. uk...
Are cheap taps worth it? Want to replace faulty tap on bathroom basin,
but don't want to spend a load, as in a year or two's time I'll replace
the whole suite in there anyway.

For example:

http://www.justtaps.com/product.php?... d7fc1b6196c68

the third one down for £13.55 looks fine, but seems very cheap. Am I
likely to have much joy in this price range in terms of them not seizing
up within a year!?

I don't think cheap taps are worth it at all.

Our predecessors in our house went to all the trouble of refitting all of
the bathrooms etc, and then only to put the cheapest taps in on the face of
the earth. Which of course not only look crap but are a pain to use.

It's the one thing that you're using all the time and decent ones don't cost
that much more.

Screwfix do some taps with ceramic washers. I'd be curious to know how
effective they are?