Posted to uk.d-i-y
StudioTwo

Default Flexible flush pipe

Mark wrote:
On 2005-12-09, wrote:
In fact, I purchased a flexible flush pipe from B&Q this very week in
an attempt to address this very same problem. It came with all the
required fixings and cost £9.95.

Basically, there is an attachment that fixes to the pan and one that
fixes to the cistern. The flixible hose can then be cut to length and
fixed between the two attachments (using some sealant).

It was pretty easy to fit. However, the flush does not seem quite a
strong as before. The flexible hose actually has a larger diameter
than standard flush pipe. I wonder if this is having some effect.

Yes, I finally found the same beast in B&Q! It seems to have done the
job, but only time will tell..

Cheers,

Mark

I revisited this problem and decided to replace the syphon as well.
This meant undoing most the of the work I had just done. However, I
also found (with some experimentation) that pushing the flush pipe too
far into the back of the toilet pan also restricts the water flow.

At this moment, I am pretty impressed with the flexible flush pipe from
B&Q. It is certainly easier to fit than the rigid type (as the job can
be done in simple stages).

HTH
Stephen