Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Power Vent on Direct Vent Water Heater

If you want to add a power venter you already have to a water heater you
want to buy, then you need to get a professional. Power venting is not a
do-it-yourself project. You obviously have limited knowledge, and the wiring
alone can be difficult. If you don't vent properly, the money you save will
do you no good if you don't wake up one morning.

"JB" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to replace my water heater. As the cost of a direct vent water
heater is about 50% that of a power vent, I was wondering if anyone
knows if you can put a power vent on a direct vent water heater? My
PowerShoot power vent is only about 1 year old. Please advise