Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sink depth?

"For the average person, deep sinks aren't necessary. Get a standard
sink and
then get a Moen 7345 Legend Riser Faucet. It raises and lowers as you
need
it. We've had one for 20 years without any problem"

They may not be neccesary but IMO, they are a big plus. I just
switched to a deep sink last year and would never go back to a regular
sink. Unless you are short, the depth works out fine, no ergonomic
issues. And for once I can use the sink sprayer without worrying about
blow back. It's great for washing large items. Another feature to
look for is having the drains located in the rear of the sink. This
gives you more open work area on the floor of the sink, without having
to block the drain or have stuff fall into it. I chose the Kohler
Marsala, which has two bowls, split in size about 60/40. I think that
works out best, as it gives you one big bowl and one that is available
for collanders or a backup. The Marsala also is a single faucet
model, with the faucet going where the divider is. That allows both
bowls to go further back, where you normally would have the back area
for the faucets. This gives you another 2" or so of bowl front to
back.

Regarding issues with drain height alignment, all the sink
manufactureres have drawings and specs online so you can figure out the
range of waste pipe heights it will work with. I replaced my std sink
with a deep bowl one plus disposal with no problems at all.