Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pegasus Faucet (Home Depot Brand)

I purchased a Pegasus bathroom sink faucet and shower fixture with the
rubbed bronze finish. The finish is coming off of both fixtures. The
finish a guaranteed for life and customer service has been quick to
send out replacement trim kits for the shower. ( I returned the lav
faucet and bought a Delta). I am on my third trim kit. I took the
trim back to Home Depot and they are at a loss to explain why the
finish is coming off. Wherever the water touches, the finish is coming
off. It is more the top layer clear coat they spray on that is coming
off. I am on city water and have had no problems with the Moen finish
this one replaced. I also have a Kohler in the kitchen that has had no
problems with the finish. Has anyone had similar problems? Any ideas
why the finish is coming off. Home Depot and Pegasus customer service
say they have had no complaints form any other customers and have sold
a lot a Pegasus with the rubbed bronze finish.