Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Attaching a portable dishwasher to the sink

Hi All,

I recently got an old Kenmore Ultra Wash II (model number 665.1761591).
I tried to hook it up to my sink but discovered I could not. The
hookup mechanism won't grab onto the kitchen sink's faucet. I assume I
have to replace it with something.

Here's the faucet:
http://jbeall.com/personal/washer/Dscn0856.jpg

Here's the hookup:
http://jbeall.com/personal/washer/Dscn0860.jpg

Here's what it looks like when I try to put it on:
http://jbeall.com/personal/washer/Dscn0862.jpg

The latch is not catching, and it simply falls right off as soon as you
aren't holding it up anymore. Turning the water on is out of the
question, it would push it right off.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need a specific type of faucet in order to
work with a specific type of hookup? Unfortunately I don't have a
manual for this item... do I need to buy one, or are these sorts of
hookups going to be fairly standard if I head over to a hardware store?

Thanks for any help!

-Josh