Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David

Default Sony KV-T25SZ8 TV problem

"Asimov" wrote in message
"David" bravely wrote to "All" (08 Jan 06 09:25:07)
--- on the heady topic of " Sony KV-T25SZ8 TV problem"

Da From: "David"
Da Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:354497

Da I finally got around to having a look at the set today. I found a
Da ceramic capacitor on the AC (next to a 470 ohm resistor) side that
was
Da open circuit.
Da The capacitor is marked 103P. Am I right in assuming that it is a 130
Da pF ??

That cap is probably not 130pF.
Capacitors are normally open circuit for DC, what do you mean by this?

The marking 103 would mean 10 with 3 zeros, so this would mean it was
a 10,000pF or a 0,01uF capacitor. However the letter P is a tolerance
of +100/-0% so the cap may measure as much as 0,02uF. Finally, its
thickness and diameter would give a rough approximation of its voltage
rating, unless it is written.

Typically, P tolerance 0,01uF or 0,1uF ceramic caps are used for
bypassing and this means these would be unlikely to cause a major
problem if they did fail with a reduced capacitance.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... High Voltage Electronics: Life's a glitch, then you fry.

I tested the capacitor and it measured -.598 on the 2uF range on my
meter. I'm wondering if my meter is stuffed.