Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Be honest ..........

"Speechless" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:39:35 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I just returned home after spending my Christmas Home Depot cards. I
picked
up a Makita grinder. Usually, the first thing I do is remove the safety
shield. I find it tends to get in the way. However, on this grinder, I
notice that my fingers are pretty close sometimes. I have another, I just
like two so I don't spend time changing from grinder wheel to wire wheel.
will get a third for sanding.

How many of you use the guards, or do you take them off and put them in a
drawer?

Steve

I always keep the guards on. It is breathtaking to experience a
grinder wheel disintegrate with the guard on. The guard does not
survive in a usable condition after absorbing all that kenetic energy.
You ought to ponder the consequences if it is your body absorbing the
kenetic energy. Grinders are dangerous.

Out of all my gizmos and power stuff, I think that the grinders are the
nastiest and most dangerous of them all.

BY FAR!

Steve