Posted to alt.solar.photovoltaic,alt.home.repair
SolarFlaire

Default Help with calculating and understanding

It has been one dark dreary depressing year end season
eh?

We saw some sun for an hour this am then about 30
minutes too late at 4pm today.

Yuk! My PV panels are running dry and shrivelling up
from lack of use.

Steve(Crocket)Spence must be on the parafin candles by
now...LOL

"Tony Wesley" wrote in message
ps.com...
wrote:
Windsun wrote:

... Basically, 100% uptime will cost you a lot

more than 99% uptime.

If cloudy days were coinflips, storing enough

energy for 1 day would
make 50% uptime possible, 2 would make 75%, with 3

for 88%, 4 for 94%,
5 for 97%, 6 for 98%, and 7 for 99%... 100% would

be impossible.

Just an FYI, in the Detroit area, we just went from

Dec 20 through Jan
5 (inclusive) with 14 minutes total sunshine.