Posted to alt.home.repair
Adam

Default Microwave issues: possible to fix, or do I need to replace?

My microwave isn't too old, probably mid-90s and is still available at
major home retailers. Lately it's been working less and less. Nowadays
I think I can get about 45 seconds of heat out of it per day. It will
run for the full set duration, and everything sounds and looks like
it's warming, but when it's only heating the item for a matter of
seconds.
Is this something that is common with microwaves? Is it something that
can be repaired cheaply? I'd rather not buy a replacement, because I'd
want a different model, which would lead to a domino effect for all my
kitchen appliances...
Let me know if you have any questions to help with mine!
Thanks,
Adam