Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Speechless

Default Be honest ..........

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:39:35 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I just returned home after spending my Christmas Home Depot cards. I picked
up a Makita grinder. Usually, the first thing I do is remove the safety
shield. I find it tends to get in the way. However, on this grinder, I
notice that my fingers are pretty close sometimes. I have another, I just
like two so I don't spend time changing from grinder wheel to wire wheel. I
will get a third for sanding.

How many of you use the guards, or do you take them off and put them in a
drawer?

Steve

I always keep the guards on. It is breathtaking to experience a
grinder wheel disintegrate with the guard on. The guard does not
survive in a usable condition after absorbing all that kenetic energy.
You ought to ponder the consequences if it is your body absorbing the
kenetic energy. Grinders are dangerous.