Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Refilling small propane cylinders

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:43:27 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
"David Seidel" quickly quoth:

Here is some advice from someone who does this a lot.
Warm the big tank. OPD or not, it will fill the small one.
You may not get the OPD tank to fill the small tank when the OPD is nearer
to empty.

Thanks, David. I'll grab one of those adapters the next time I
hit the HF store. I keep some of the one pounders around for
the times the power is out and I want a nice, hot cup of coffee
or lunch/dinner. The 1-burner stoves are extremely handy in that
case and are portable should the "civilized" world end abruptly.
I also keep one for the propane torch.

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-