Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Replacement cooker hood and gas hob

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:42:35 +0000, Lobster wrote:

wrote:
We are currently thinking of replacing our current cooker hood and gas
hob. Problem is that the distance from the hood to the hob is currently
620mm (approx.)
(note that the hood and hob were installed by the previous owners, not
us...)
The hood can't be raised without a complete re-design of the kitchen.

In what way couldn't the "hood be raised" (or a different type fitted?)?
What sort is it?

I believe the current regulations state that the distance should be 750
(or is it 760) mm.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but ISTR this distance isn't laid
down in stone but is specified by the manufacturers of a particular hood
and/or hob. I doubt you have the installation manuals given that they
were fitted by previous owners, but it might be worth looking into?

The default in the absence of instructions to the contrary is 760mm.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk