Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Joseph Meehan

Default Remodel or sell--how to decide? (long)

Lauri wrote:
I'm struggling with the decision whether I should remodel my current
home or sell it and buy something newer with more of the features I
want. ...

Location location location. Do you like where you are?

Take a look around you. Would your home be worth more than those around
you after you have finished the remodel? If so it is not a good candidate.
You don't want the most expensive home in the area. They are bad
investments.

Consider the total cost of getting what you want done to your home, and
then do some serious hunting for the home you would like. Find the one you
like best and then compare what you would have after fixing yours up and
what the other one would cost you, factoring in all the fees and expense
involved.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit