Posted to alt.home.repair
WM

Default Replacing a Whole House Water Filter Way too Frequently

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:16:41 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"WM" wrote in message

That would let the water sediment settle out before you pipe it into
your house. Then only filter the sink water.

Filtering only the sink water will still allow sediment to get through to
other parts of the plumbing. Auto fill halves for heaters, fill valves on
toilets. will all be affected. Over time, the abrasiveness of the sediment
will cause pre-mature wearing of seals and seats. The real solution is to
find the problem and fix it. I had a problem with rust in the town water.
I'd replace faucet seals every six months until I put in a filter, now they
last for years, many years as not one has needed replacing in over 15 years.
Quite a difference.

And how large was you storage tank - which lets the sediment settle
to the bottom?

The problem is sediment in the water, and the solution is a large
storage tank.