Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default A question about tax lien and how it affects home sale

miamicuse wrote:
"Christian Fox" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
Does a tax lien expire after 10 years?

This will entirely depend on where the house is located, and what
the tax lien laws are. Ignore what the realtor says, and talk to
your lawyer to ensure that you get the property free and clear of
any liens.

It is in Miami-Dade County Florida. But is this anything I should
worry about now, or is this normally I think something that is
standard procedure - I mean I would have to pay for a title search as
a contingency about securing a mortgage anyways and if for some
reason the title does not clear, the bank will not approve the loan
and I should be free to walk away - I think. So what I am wondering
is, is there anything specific that I need to worry about at the
stage of written up an offer, assuming I write it up with a
contingency of getting a mortgage loan and right to inspect.

Title insurance. Title insurance. Title insurance. The good kind.