Default Sweeping in mill head: a question for pentagrid

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:26:26 -0400, Peter W. Meek
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 04:21:31 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

wrote in message

Hey pentagrid.

Every time I open one of your messages, I get a popup telling me I have to
download a Japanese character set.

What kinda subliminal voodoo you sending out?

Paul K. Dickman

Yep, I get it, too. What gives?

It's because of this header-line in his messages:

You can (and obviously do, since you keep getting
reminded) just ignore it, since he doesn't use any
non-latin characters from the set in his newsgroup
messages. Your mail/news reader just substitutes
characters from the us-ascii character set (or whatever
your mail/news reader uses).

Pentagrid, unless you need the Japanese language
you can go (in Agent, your newsreader) to
Options/General_Preferences/Language(tab) and set
[Send_Usenet_As] to

"Western Windows compatible (us-ascii, ISO 8859-1)"

...then people won't have this pop up. (By the way,
there have been a bunch of upgrades to Agent, with
a lot of new and useful features. Version number
is up from your 1.5 to 1.93 -- still a free upgrade
until v2.0 comes out.)

Thanks for your help.

I've just fitted a Smartlink V92 modem and I've been trying
(unsuccessfully) to persuade it to do what its supposed to do. It
looks as if its also fouled up my agent posting.

Thanks for letting me know - I'll update my Agent and fix it.

Jim