Posted to comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Notan

Default How can I fix a dead laptop?

Paul M wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:23:49 GMT, Barry Watzman
wrote:

From your questions, I'd say that YOUR chances of fixing it are near
zero. Don't take that personally, but this is a task that requires
skills that take years to learn, and about which you have no knowledge
(when you ask "how do I use a multimeter", it's clear that you have no
skills in this area).

Hi Barry,

Thanks a lot for your confidence in my abilities. Just so you
know, I have an M.S. in physics.

snip

You'd be amazed at how many "brilliant" people, forget to plug in
whatever appliance they can't get to work.

Not that I'm suggesting that you're brilliant g, but the best
place to start is at the beginning. (Pretty profound, huh?)

Take care!

Notan