Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Kuhajda

Default Mitsu 55511 Power Faults

"none" ""burnin\"@(none)" wrote in message
Hi,

Are there any Mitsubishi RPTV gurus in the house?

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 rear projection TV that started to shut
itself off intermittantly. It would do this even when the unit was off in
standby. What ever was going out finall died and now the power LED just
continually blinks when it is plugged in, no more intermittant power
failures but now it wont power up either. Pressing reset on the front of
the system the LED goes off and then comes on and start blinking
continuously again.

Without schematics and a manual I can only get so far and its not far
enough. There are service manuals available from some russian and chinese
web sites but I just don't think I'll take my chances with them.

So before I call in a tech who has the manuals I thought I'd check around
to see if anyone around here has manuals or an idea of what to look at.

I've checked several points which are labeled on the boards and so far the
only discrepancies I can find are a 24V connection on the signal board
which has no power, which may be normal, and the powergood signal from the
CPU to the signal board is 0V. I check voltages inside the CPU cage and
they all looked good, 3.3V, 5V, and 12V.

burnin

Given that it is a Mitz RPTV, a going over with a good ESR meter and
checking any capacitors. It is also prudent to check the main power supply
circuit for proper function. I would not be suprised if there is liquid
coolant on the boards somewhere.