Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Problem with a SONY KTV

CIP wrote:
Hi,

I got an SONY KV-M1421D Trinitron color TV.
It has a strange fault. If I turn on the TV it works great. Everything works
perfect. But after about 1 hour the picture gets darker and the sound gets
weaker. I can adjust it for a few minutes. But its get darker and darker.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for reparing my TV. I have got
electronic experiance but I can't find the fault.

Greetings Richard

I would start with the power supply, measure the voltages when first
turned on, then measure them when it starts to get darker, if one or
more is dropping then you know where to look.