Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller

Default Square-Edge Bowl

Barry N. Turner wrote:
I tried my first square-edge bowl today. The blank was a 5" x5" x 2" piece
of Honduras Mahogany. All went well as I mounted the blank on the woodworm
screw of my Super Nova chuck and proceeded to turn the back side of the
bowl. I was sanding with a small piece of sandpaper, when my hand slipped
and a couple of the wings cut two small, but deep gashes in my second
finger. Ouch!

After a little self-applied first-aid, I resumed turning and finished my
first square-edge bowl, a little wounded and perhaps, (hopefully) a bit
smarter. Watch those wings!

Saw Stewart Batty make a square edge bowl in a turning club video once.
Noticed he had a finger missing. Always wondered if there was a
connection...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller