Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default better lucky than smart

Typical in a great many machine shops these days, tennis shoes and walkmans.
Insane.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"J T" wrote

The music is for when the tools are off.

Exactly.

I never understood the infatuation with music in an environment where you
can lose your hands or worse from being distracted. Save the music for

when
you can really enjoy it. Worrying about my fingers do not allow me to
appreciate the music very well.

Maybe being extremely safety conscious has something to do with it. But I
have all my fingers too.

I have wired in remote switches into several shops to manage the music.

One
safety practice that address this also is to just put on some ear

protectors
every time you use a power tool.