Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default better lucky than smart

You all **** the Woodworking Gods off. Will you never learn? They
do NOT wasnt blood sacrifices. You are NOT properly afraid of your
saws.

The lesson for today? Be very, very afraid -and keep youself out
of the whirley parts.

I can't recall ever having any kickback on a table type saw. I now
use a sled, but even so, am very nervous around it, and play close
attention, and don't get my fingers "anywhere" near the blade while it's
still spinning.

The last "serious" shop accident I had, I sanded the tip of a
finger off, on a 12" sanding disc. That was in high school, 1953/4.
The shop teacher put a bandage on it, I don't think my parents were
informed, they didn't make a big deal of it when they found out. It
boiled down to, "Now pay attention, and don't do that again". The next
year we moved to the new high school, with power tools, and the shop
instructor showed us how "kickbacks" happen on the table saw. He said,
"Don't do that", and no one did while I was in school, and I never have
since.

The music is for when the tools are off.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax