Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default better lucky than smart

"Jim K" wrote in message
Wander the roads, not your thoughts. I was at the end of cutting a
bunch of little pieces on my table saw and my mind wandered. Next
thing I know I'm having a close encounter of the worst kind with my
table saw blade.

Count yourself lucky when all you end up with is a wide but shallow
scrape - whew....

I'm taking a break now :-)

Take that as your warning. I had been seriously wood working for 10 years
and ended up cutting the end of my thumb off after completing the cut,
turning the saw off, and loosening the clamp on the rip fence.

As long as that blade is turning you should never take your eyes off if it.
As you have seen, it only takes a split second to get into trouble and a
blade spinning at any speed is dangerous.