Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Harbor Freight does it again...

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:48:24 +0000, (DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

According to John P. :
On 5 Jan 2006 21:23:03 -0800,
wrote:

[ ... ]

I purchased the Harbor Freight Mini Mill about 6 months ago for
$449.00. 29 days into it, and on my 2nd use, the drive belt snapped.
Luckily it hadn't been 30 days yet, so I took it back to HF and
swapped it for another... this time purchasing the 3 year warranty!
:-)

Warranty? I consider a belt to be an expendable item. You
should simply always keep a spare on hand.

Good Luck,
DoN.

I strongly agree. Particularly Chicom belts. While they make decent
industrial grade machine tools..their belting leaves much to be
desired. If you are going to buy a Chicom machine..buy at least one
extra belt.. or better yet, remove yours and take it to the local belt
house and get a proper US made one

Put the original in the drawer with a tag on it..cause in 15 yrs you
may not remember what it was for.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,