Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism
Sue

Default FS. Lincoln Tig 250/250

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:41:46 GMT, zadoc wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:54:47 -0500, "gfulton"
wrote:

"Pope Secola VI" wrote in message
news
(snippage)

small manufacturing plants (Buck knives for one) are leaving California
and heading for Nevada, Utah, Idaho, to set up shop in a more business
friendly state.

(snippage)

Is Buck still making knives anywhere in the US? I was looking at a new
folding model 301 the other day and it was made in China. I will not own a
Chinese pocket knife. You've got to draw the line somewhere. So maybe I'll
be knifeless in the future when the present one is lost or finally wears
out.

Garrett Fulton

Well, when I left the US decades ago there was no domestic
manufacturer of TV sets, 35 mm cameras, etc. The US companies still
existed, but relied on rebranded imports.

From memory, around 85% of CB radios relied on a "motherboard"
manufactured by a Japanese company.

Eat any canned goods? Check the label for the country of origin.

I just checked my canned goods and couldn't find much about country of
origin. The mayonnaise, pop corn and tomato sauce have the US as
country of origin. Most only had the distribution companies as being
in the US but nothing about where the products themselves came from.
We have several tomato canneries in this area and one company that
makes things like pizza sauce. Now *that* company is Japanese owned
(Kagome http://www.kagomeusa.com/) and, as far as I know, they send
many of their products back to Japan.
Sue