Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roly

Default PDF copy protected files - how to convert to txt

Phil Addison wrote:

I have some pdf files that I want to pull into excel but they have the
copy feature disabled so all I can do is save or print them. Does anyone
know of software that can extract the data? Preferably shareware or
freeware of course.

I'm loathe to try printing and ocr as that takes ages to proof read and
correct.

Try to find somebody with a Mac computer. OS X is the current operating
system and has a feature whereby anything that can be displayed on the
screen can be 'Printed to PDF'. That presumably means that the new PDF
file won't be copy protected.

If the files aren't too big, I could try coverting one for you - but I'm
only on a dial-up connection, so contact me first before sending any
large file.