Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roly

Default Good quality portable speakers?

T i m wrote:

I would like to get her some
compatible portable speakers (she sometimes walks to work and can't
leave any personal property 'at' work). She also uses a Mac (with no
speakers) and wouldn't be 'allowed' (nor want) to use that as a music
centre in any case.

By compatible I mean something with reasonable battery life (like the
Sony player), and sound 'good' at reasonable 'desk' volumes
(remembering these are a 'portable' solution of course!) ;-)

Working on the 'you get's what you pays for' saying, is there anything
out there with a good 'rep' to fit the above please?

If you hadn't have mentioned those JBL On-tour speakers, I would have
done.

They sound perfect for the needs that you outline. You're unlikely to
find a better sounding or more portable speaker that's a small as that.

Unfortunately, a really tiny size does limit the audio quality. There
won't be much bass response, but I've heard these speakers and they
sound much better than their size suggests they should sound like.

The fact that JBL are a famous loudspeaker manufacturer and that they're
prepared to put their name to this product is obviously a good thing.

As you know, you can get cheaper speakers, but these ones are worth
their price.