Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

Default PDF copy protected files - how to convert to txt

Phil Addison wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:16:49 +0000, in uk.d-i-y Andy Burns
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:

I have some pdf files that I want to pull into excel but they have the
copy feature disabled so all I can do is save or print them.

Is it possible you can post links to the files so we can try out ideas
on them before suggesting use X, Y & Z to you?

Nice idea but no need now. Cheers.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me

It's a bit late in the day a this point in time relatively speaking, but
if you had an old CorelDraw ver. 8, it includes an OCR program in the
suite that will convert any bitmap text image to a text file. So
*anything* on screen can be dumped to a .pcx or .tif and converted to text.

john