Peter W. Meek

Default Sweeping in mill head: a question for pentagrid

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 04:21:31 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

wrote in message

Hey pentagrid.

Every time I open one of your messages, I get a popup telling me I have to
download a Japanese character set.

What kinda subliminal voodoo you sending out?

Paul K. Dickman

Yep, I get it, too. What gives?

It's because of this header-line in his messages:

You can (and obviously do, since you keep getting
reminded) just ignore it, since he doesn't use any
non-latin characters from the set in his newsgroup
messages. Your mail/news reader just substitutes
characters from the us-ascii character set (or whatever
your mail/news reader uses).

Pentagrid, unless you need the Japanese language
you can go (in Agent, your newsreader) to
Options/General_Preferences/Language(tab) and set
[Send_Usenet_As] to

"Western Windows compatible (us-ascii, ISO 8859-1)"

....then people won't have this pop up. (By the way,
there have been a bunch of upgrades to Agent, with
a lot of new and useful features. Version number
is up from your 1.5 to 1.93 -- still a free upgrade
until v2.0 comes out.)

--
--Pete
"Peter W. Meek"