Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul O.

Default Hot water heater valve

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Paul O." wrote in message
us so think the 40 gallon would be sufficient. I would like to find one
with an electric ignition so it at least it isn't using gas for the
pilot light all the time.

Not a factor with a water heater. If your house heater is not being used
for days or months, there is no reason to keep a pilot light burning. If
you are not using the oven for hours or day, there is no reason to keep a
pilot light burning. Hot water, OTOH, is kept hot and ready to go at all
times. The pilot light will give off some heat to maintain temperature
between uses, thus, very little if any real loss. If not for the pilot,
the burner would cycle on and off more frequently.
That sounds reasonable Ed, guess that's why I'm not seeing heaters with
electronic igniters. Thanks.

--
Paul O.