Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Furnace Fan "auto" vs "ON"

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:48:04 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:17:35 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 4 Jan 2006 10:26:17 -0800, "Mark" wrote:

I think leaving the blower running 24/7 will wear out the bearings much
faster and use electricity...

And the filter will need cleaning more often.

That I suppose would mean that the air in the house is cleaner.

But only a little bit

I always leave mine on auto. These are mattters of taste, and De
gustibus, no est disputandum (or something like that: There is no
disputing with regard to taste.) but I don't care if there are minor
variations in temperature, and I like the silence when the fan is off
altoghether. It would drive me crazy to have it on all the time.r.

A constant noise is less distracting than one that changes (on and
off) unpredictably.

BTW, I remember spending the night with someone who left the fan on
all the time, and the room I slept in was next to the furnace. I never
noticed the fan after a few minutes except once. That time, it was a
power failure.

leave it on AUTO unless you need the added ventilation.

Mark

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

--