Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Dovetail Recesses, A Design Element?

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
.. .

But I have seen very few dovetail recesses on bowls that could be
considered
a design element. (Richard Raffan's, maybe.) If you wanna leave 'em on
your bowls, have at it. But please don't try to glorify them!

You're saying what? There's some absolute standard of beauty for the bottom
of a bowl?
Seems to me that individual expression is in what you don't do as well as
what you do. Personally, I find a lot of the attempts to jazz up the bottom
of the piece fairly ugly. Even though they try to glorify them. Not to
mention all the time and frustration spent in trying to get there.

Care to start a thread on the "ideal bottom," Arch?

http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/geo...to&PhotoID=234