Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Newell

Default OT - "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

If you look at the information for the parent company of newsday.com, which
can be found here; http://www.tribune.com/about/timeline.html, you can see
that the markets served by this company are traditional holdouts of radical
"thought."

Polls taken at 2:00pm, from households in these areas, while most of
productive America is at work, are hardly indicative of what Americans as a
whole think. You have forgotten what this map
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic.../countymap.htm
represents.

The media was consistently brutal to Bush and Republicans leading up to the
2004 election, and momentarily brutal to Kerry and the Democrats if
non-liberal sources forced the issues, and yet with what amounts to an
anti-Bush/Republican and a pro-Kerry/Democrat push by most media related
outlets in America, Bush/Republicans won. Let's face it, you either have to
be completely brainwashed, completely stupid, or an outright liar not to
acknowledge that most media outlets that the average American has access to
are radically slanted towards the Democrat/liberal agenda.

This time around, these same media outlets have been hard at work pushing
their agenda, but while the attacks against Bush continue, the tone as a
whole has shifted to focus on broad attacks against anything/anyone
Republican centric. I personally think it will be effective. As best I can
tell, the goals of the Democrats have been the hatred of George Bush, the
promotion of "gay values", and elimination of the United States as a
sovereign nation. This is not really an agenda that is going to win over
the majority of the population. It may be a perfect plank for appeal to the
jobless contingent that seems to be the primary respondent in such "polls",
but as the end result in 2004 showed, it is not what most people are looking
for.

The Democrat/Media shift away from these "core values", at least in public
discussion, and with the broadened attacks against the Republicans as a
whole, I think it just might work this time around. I for one would love to
see a poll that was taken at 8:00pm, or from working individuals only. Not
that I don't think that the jobless, homeless, drug-addicts, alcoholics,
homosexuals, people in CA, people in NY, people in IL, and other Democratic
strongholds are any less entitled to their opinion, but it sure would be
nice if the polls that claim to predict American values pulled their
opinions from a broader base.