Roy

Default P38 airplane-why isn't this configuration used anymore?

Another thought, a twin engined aircraft is a lot harder to control
when the engines are spaced so far apart if an engine fails. Things
work a lot better if the motors are closer to centerline in those
cases.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:57:41 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

x-Watching the history cahnnel about the P38. A plane which has
x-interested me since I was little. The design which uses a short
x-central fuselage with two long outboard ones (are those outboard ones
x-called fuselages?) which support the tail isn't used anymore, is it?
x-If not,why? Since this plane was, in it's day, considered a great
x-plane. Idle minds want to know.
x-ERS

--
Visit my website: