Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Need advice on monitoring humidity in crawl space under house

I would be interested in knowing the kind of dehumidifier you are
using. Also, what instrument do you use to monitor the humidity
level? Thank you for your reply.

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:47:45 GMT, G Mulcaster
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:44:39 GMT, wrote:

I need to monitor the humidity in the crawl space under my house.
Radio Shack has a unit that you mount inside your house and then place
a remote sensor in the crawl space. Has anyone had experience with
this unit? Can anyone recommend a better uni?. I like the idea of
being able to monitor the humidity inside my house without having to
go into the crawl space.

This does not answer your question specifically; however, here is what
I do.

Despite a plastic vapor barrier over my dirt crawl space floor,
humidity is a problem. I use a dehumidifier unit which plugs into a
dehumidistat. The dehumidistat is set for 58%. The unit cycles on
and off all year 'round. I also use a humidity indicator in the
crawlspace to ensure things are working properly.

Your remote sensor idea sounds good

Gary
Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.